So, do you only have one or two consoles to share across a large number of children who are learning through Disney Infinity? Are you also a school with access to iPads?
Disney Infinity has developed a free iPad App called Disney Infinity: Toy Box that offers the ability to create worlds and build using the iPad. It does not have the capacity of the console learning environment, but still offers a lot of toys to build and play with.
We have explored how to use the iPad app as a place to learn about iterative and agile design. The limited nature of the app means that students can develop ideas and basic concepts for ToyBox worlds and games on their iPad, they can test them on other students, see what works and what doesn’t work. They learn to fail fast, to think about improvements and then adapt and change their designs before heading over and applying it on the XBox or PlayStation console.
Console design can be fiddly and take time, especially when you are just starting out, and this free app is a great addition to the Disney Infinity digital learning environment.
- More than 50 free items to build your world – including terrain, track pieces, and decorations!
- Bring your world to life with toys that change the appearance of the sky, spawn enemies to fight and more!
- Play with Mr. Incredible for free! Use web codes included with toys at retail or make purchases in-app to bring over 20 Disney and Disney/Pixar characters into the Toy Box app!
- Intuitive multi-touch controls for building and playing!
- Log in to transfer your creations cross-platform for further editing/play and unlock even more toys!
Disney Infinity: Toy Box can be downloaded now in the App Store free of charge – and is for the iPad only.